Twisted Stitcher

Monday, January 23, 2006

Jumping In

Well, I'm jumping into the deep end feet first and hoping that it all works out. I have been inspired by our beloved Yarn Harlot to enter the internet community of Knitters. Thank you, Stephanie for inspiring me to step way out of my comfort zone and write this, and to stretch not only my knitting knowledge but also to stretch my mind in general.

I will admit to not knowing much about the mechanics of blogging, but I figure that's why God invented teenage sons who, for a price to be determined later, will help their computer challenged Mom. I quickly learned "links" and "posting". I just have to remember that the computer stuff has a language of it's own, just like knitting.

I am starting this for a couple of reasons, but right now mainly to keep track of my event for the
Knitting Olympics. I was going to put the cool link button on here, but I can't figure out how yet (Matt will have to help later). My project is the Dale Ladybug Hat and sweater. I know it's crazy, I have examined the idea after the initial moment of committing to it. But I still feel that doing my best to achieve such a feat will have it's own rewards. I hope.

Here's where I try to insert a picture, after I scan the thing. Wish me luck.

WooHoo! Ok, now we're cooking! Man, that was cool. I know, I know, some of you are thinking I'm way too excited about something so easy. What can I say? I'm easily amused.

So, back to the project... The hat will be the swatch ala EZ. I was originally going to make it in the smallest size to improve my chances of actually finishing, but realized that the 12 month size would be a better idea so that a baby could wear it more than once before growing out of it. See, I'm thinking ahead, aren't you proud of me?


The training materials are in the mail, the provisions of wine, chocolate, and coffee are laid in. When I get to the steeks I have a feeling that I will need a lot more chocolate.

I have a trip planned for that time, but I am actually considering shelling out extra bucks to fly instead of driving by myself across the Great Plains, thus saving me 20 hours each way of training and event time. This is because while I can knit while driving, I can only do single color easy stuff, and no way would this qualify as a good idea.

2 Comments:

  • As a fellow Twisted Stitcher, figured I would throw in a hurrah for Linda. She keeps our group motivated and we have a great time. Hopefully she will post a pic of our knitting retreat we just got back from. If anyone else is in a knitting group and is looking for a fun thing to do this is a great idea and we had an awesome time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

  • Hi, Linda! I'm another Colorado knitting blogger newbie, so I just thought I'd pop over and say hello. I saw your comment about a Knitting Olympics Closing Ceremony get-together on Yarn Harlot and just wanted to say I'd be up for it! I'm up in the Denver-metro area.

    By Blogger Sheri, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home