Twisted Stitcher

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday's Ramblings

A few random thoughts for today:
1. I'd like to see if there are any other Colorado knitters that would like to get together for an Olympic Closing Ceremony Party. The location will depend on how many people express interest and where they live. I think we might need to find an appropriate place in Castle Rock, since that's kind of in the middle of the Springs and Denver. Right now it's up in the air, but a friendly yarn store or coffee shop there might be good.

2. Why does the spell checker want to substitute "janitor's" for "knitters"? And "flogging" for "blogging"?

3. Why didn't I notice, until just this morning, that the pattern I chose for my Olympic event did not say US size 2 and 2 1/2 needles, which are tiny enough, but 2 and 2 1/2 MM, which are size US size 0 and 1? Someone shoot me. Oh well, since I didn't have those sizes I was forced to go to my LYS and buy 2 new pairs of Addis. The theory is that I will be able to knit faster (the packaging says it will) with them. We shall see.

While at the LYS, I picked up some yarn for a kitty bed ala Cat Bordhi (the dark red), yarn for a pair of easy mittens, and unbelievably another Dale baby pattern. Most of you will recognize this as "the Tink's sweaters". Why I think I will be able to make that sweater error-free the first time through when Stephanie can't is a mystery. Notice the tiny little needles.

4. The retreat WW commented on was a blast. Our knitting group rented out a great B&B near Twin Lakes, CO for a few days and had a wonderful time. We knit, ate, enjoyed the scenery and each others company. The skill level of the knitters was from one person who had never picked up a needle all the way thru people who have knitted for a very long time. We even had a spinner there. (pictures and more to follow later)

5. Someone said knitter's almost always have a cat. I have two, plus their best dog friend, Mira. Here they are. The pretty girl with the dog is my daughter Megan. The black and white cat is Leo. The other one is Libby.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home