Twisted Stitcher

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Training - Day 1

I've officially started "the swatch". It doesn't look like I have completed very much, only about 1/2". This could take quite a bit longer than anticipated.....

You can kind of see that there is a bit of pattern going on. OK, maybe you can't, but I know it's there! The colors are a little off, that one skein is purple. Are you noticing the tiny needles? I feel like I'm knitting with toothpicks. I really love this yarn. When the website comes up, scroll down to the Baby Ull. It feels wonderfully soft, and almost makes the tiny needles seem not so bad. (But ask me again in 2 weeks) The glass of wine that is barely visible has nothing to do with the lack of progress.

I did work on the mittens most of the day. A call center workplace does have it's up side when call volume is low. I have both mittens done except for the thumbs. They will be finished tomorrow. I would have posted a picture, but I did not have my camera at work, and didn't want to bring the mittens home unfinished.

I have no idea if working on the swatch at my desk tomorrow will work well. I do have a stash of dark chocolate in my desk drawer, so that might help.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, those are tiny needles! I've only used that size for beadwork. I bow down before your devotion to the Olympic spirit! It's going to be such a beautiful hat and sweater set - I love the ladybugs!

    By Blogger Sheri, at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home