Twisted Stitcher

Monday, January 30, 2006

Band O' Bugs

Day 2 of training, no sign of stiffness or soreness in our knitters hands or wrists. That is great news, but even better...a band of bugs is nearly finished, see?

All of the ladybugs behinds are done on this swatch. The picture is still not showing the right color purple, but by the time training is done I may have the color correct. Later I will figure out how many ladybugs the sweater has compared to the swatch, but math at this time of night is risky.

I also finished the mittens, so I'm feeling pretty smug tonight. Anybody who needs their mittens to match exactly may not like them, but I prefer fraternal mittens to identical ones, mainly because I hate to waste time and yarn looking for the perfect repeat. I really like them, they are cool and stripey, and also warm and cozy. I test drove them home from work...Literally.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Linda!
    I'm the other one doing the ladybug set for the KO...and I am the one that suggested Uncle Leona's button...yup, we're definitely crazy but boy doesn't it look GOOD...I am so pleased with my swatching! I may not get done by the final ceremonies but boy are we gonna have some beauuuuutiful sweater sets when we get done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • The mittens are cool. I definitely like that yarn better knit up. And I love the ladybugs!

    -Brie (Knitters W/ Altitude)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home