Twisted Stitcher

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rainy Days

Man, have we had a ton of rain here lately. Lisa, you won't miss the Pacific Northwest, we have enough rain to make you think you are still there. It's actually humid, which is a weather condition I haven't had to deal with a lot since moving here 21 years ago. I don't like it, that's one reason we moved! But the weeds in the front yard are looking really nice and green.

I'm sure it affected the weight of the merino that I divvied up last night. It really feels great and I am looking forward to spinning it. I'm going to try to get a better picture of it so you can see the nep-iness. Oh look, a new word. You are welcome.

I am trying to get the other fibers spun first, but something tells me that at least some of the merino will be rude and cut into line. Sheep jump lines, so I think the fleece might too. There were a lot of second cuts, but it should spin up just fine.

I did actual knitting today on the trekking sock. It seemed to have grown the leg long enough while I wasn't looking, so I thought it would turn it's own heel while waiting for me in the car. It did not, I am somewhat surprised. So, the heel flap is nearly done now. I love turning the heel and picking up the stitches, which is one thing that the short row heel has against it.

I am going to post some more pictures tonight also, so go take a peek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home