Twisted Stitcher

Monday, June 12, 2006

Wonderful weekends...

Yes folks, sometimes a wondeful weeekend comes along. This one was going to be fun, but it turned out even better than I expected.

First things first, Knit in Public Day had a small but fun group turn out. I think we had about 16 or 17 people. We all got to meet new friends, which was great. The lessons I learned from this year's event....plan further ahead, and advertise more. Here are some of the new friends I met. Please don't expect that I know all of their names, and forgive me if I have misplaced your name in my brain's storage closet. In the middle are Megan, who is in middle school and her mom, Diane. The reason I remember them so easily, my daughters name is Megan, and we ran into these two ladies later in the day!
There was progress made on my dragonfly socks, and on the trek sock. I can see that I might get both pairs done this month, which would feel great.After we disbanded from the park, we ate lunch at the Pita Pit. I really like their food, it's nice and fresh. The parking is a little crazy on Saturday afternoon, but not too bad. After lunch Lisa and I investigated Ruxton Ave Fibers. I couldn't find a website for them, but loved her purple and blue window display. We met Diane and Megan in there. Imagine that, meeting knitters in a knitting store! She has a nice variety of things, including several colors of trekking. She has a little deck out back that overlooks the creek, and plans on getting that ready for stitchers to sit and relax on.This is what I bought:Yeah, fiber for the non-spinner. OK, I guess I have to stop calling myself that since I am now spinning. I did spin up a little of this wool, and I'm liking it so far. It's getting a little easier, and the end product looks like yarn. Lumpy, bumpy, inconsistant yarn, but still, yarn. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • I didn't know that there was a knit in public day. I fell in love with Ruxton Ave Fibers.

    Ann ( fellow Colorado Springs Knitter)

    By Blogger Ann and Shawn, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home