Twisted Stitcher

Friday, June 02, 2006

Days of Wine and Roses..or Wine and Yarn, whatever

First, my trekking sock took a walk at work. It's happy the ribbing is done. The sock has decided it wants to be plain stocking stitch, because it doesn't trust me to execute any kind of pattern while in motion. Yes, even though it is a young sock, it is very wise. I am going to fix the button on my sidebar to link to that site, really I am.

The other fun thing I am doing tonight is re-dyeing that red skein of worsted weight. It came out OK, but more tomato-y (it is too a word!) than I wanted. So, I looked around to see what else I had in the house that might help, and found a bottle of wine in the back of my fridge.

The picture shows a lovely Torres Gran Corona Reserva 1977. I know I haven't had it that long, but I'd bet I've had it a good 15 to 18 years. And, yes I did try a sip to make sure it wasn't drinkable. It wasn't. We did not get a picture of the face I made while doing that part of the testing, because I like my camera. The cats are a little confused and at this point they are hoping I know what I'm doing. I don't. I'm trying to heat it up in the microwave, like I did the KoolAid yarn, to see if that will set the color. The color is not a real true red, otherwise I could probably have drank it. It's more of a brownish red. Pictures of the finished product tomorrow...

2 Comments:

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 AM  

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home