Twisted Stitcher

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Steek rhymes with EEK !!!!!

Has anyone else noticed that?

I started my journey tonight, after stalling I will admit. I did have to shovel a lot of junk off of my sewing machine first. Then I realized my sewing machine wasn't working properly. Luckily, I have my Mom's sewing machine at my house, since she no longer sews. I found it ironic that the first machine I ever sewed on is the one I used for the first steeks I've ever done.





Here's what step one looked like. Not scary at all.










Then, the bobbin did funny stuff and looked like this.



Just in case you weren't sure, it's not supposed to do that. I did fix that and continued on, since I was committed. (Take that sentence however you want to)



When I got to this point I seriously wondered if this was really a good idea. I wasn't sure the people on knitty, and eunny, or even EZ knew what the heck they were talking about. I will admit EZ's quote in her book Knitting Workshop did make me laugh, briefly.

"Now you are in for a GREAT FRIGHT. You will see that the CUT has lengthened. DON'T PANIC."







Yeah, like this sight doesn't freak you out at least a little.











And then after cutting the second big slash in the knitting that took a long time, I freaked out some more....








After I sort of recovered from the shock of what I had done, I noticed that the table my needles to sew it all back together were on this table. So I poured myself a glass of wine and decided to continue later. Good choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home