Twisted Stitcher

Friday, February 03, 2006

Well, here I am in Chicago! I got here yesterday. The flight was great and the screeners at the airport were wonderful. They didn't even blink at the needles. One of the ladies at DIA is a knitter, so we did spend a few minutes talking about my project. She is working on a sweater for her grandson, in case you want to know.

One of the people in line was carrying a pillow through and the screener told her that she'd have to be detained because the tag had been removed. Everyone in line thought that was pretty funny, except her. Some people don't have much of a sense of humor.

A big plus to knitting and headphones means you do not have to talk to the big scary guy taking up the seat next to you. Until they make you turn off "all portable electronics". Then you find out that his favorite pair of hiking socks was made by his sister for Christmas. Note to self: remember not to prejudge, even when you think you don't.

I had a great time driving from Midway to my sister's house. I love Lake Shore Drive. I stopped to take a picture of Soldier Field for my boys. I can't quite figure out how to get the pictures from the camera to the blog from this computer. My husband tried to explain it to me on the way to the airport, but I wasn't taking good notes, so when I get home there will be plenty to post. It took me a while to figure out how to get my sisters computer to do what I wanted. I had no idea they make left-handed mice.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home