Twisted Stitcher

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

No progress

Very sad, no progress to report on anything. After being all excited to card and try to spin some of the fleece on Sunday...when nothing was open...I went to Green Valley Weavers on my way to work Monday. I picked up some carding combs, planning to try carding at lunch. How hard could it be, right?

Wrong.

I thought that carding would remove the rest of the little pieces of grass and stuff from the fleece, leaving me clean, puffy, yummy wool to spin. I thought wrong. It still has stuff in it. I gave up and decided to eat my sandwich instead. I'll wait until Knit Group Saturday for help from the experts. Boy, is it nice to have friends!

No knitting is getting done either. The trek with me sock is sulking in my desk drawer because we have been so busy at work, I can't even do plain stocking stitch. The dragonskin ones, which I am calling my dragonfly socks, since the colors remind me of the little dragonflies that live by the creek at our families house in Wisconsin, have gotten a total of two rounds done in two days.

So now I am off to knit a "coaster" from my first ever yarn. There's not much, so maybe I can finish it tonight...

But let's not bet on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home