Twisted Stitcher

Friday, August 18, 2006

Finally Friday

I am so very glad the weekend is here. It's back to group tomorrow, a very good kind of therapy, I must say. I will be bringing Megan's Christmas present to group to work on. She has been asking about it, and wants me to finish it before she goes to school on the 25th.

In case anyone was wondering, here is what my dragonfly socks look like....Use your imagination, I have to! I really want these done by my birthday. I have less than 30 days to do that. Good luck to me on that deadline. I am still trying to decide: larger needles, same amount of stitches as before; or same tiny needles with a larger amount of stitches that I know will work? Any opinions out there? I may be forced to - gasp- swatch.

Part of what we did this month is celebrate this lovely young lady's 19th birthday. Man, the time flies, and some of it is not fun. But the results are worth it. Shortly after her birthday celebration, Meg had her wisdom teeth pulled. She is not so happy right now. She thinks she looks a lot like a chipmunk. She feels so bad, she hasn't even plastered on -oh I mean applied with great taste and sublety- any makeup since the 15th.

This coming week we will be helping her pack her stuff for the trip back to Greeley, CO for school. She will be taking 15 hours of classes, working part time, and playing rugby. Rugby, for God's sake! The sport every mom wants her daughter to play. Read the last sentence with large amounts of sarcasm, please.

Here is a picture of sock number two in Trekking brown. They have such original names for their colors, like "number 78" and "number 101". The sock is about three rows shy of having it's toe put on. I love finishing projects! I don't know why I don't do it more often.This picture is taken in my travelling knitting studio. The studio is called "The Ford Bronco". I knit in my car at lunch nearly every day at work. It is so peaceful and quiet. And the view is good. We have had lots of cloudscapes these past weeks. The rain is doing wonders for the weeds in my yard, they are nice and green and tall. The landscaping project is not done, because I don't like digging in mud. I will have to this weekend since the plants are begging to be stuck into the ground. They want out of the pots in a major way.

I have posted also a picture of the three used to be almost but now totally finished projects from the last post. The links for the easy baby sweater are on the finished object page.

Another big deal this week is this...the very last "first day of school" picture for kids going to public school. I have taken these pictures by this same tree since Mike was in first grade. That is 15 years. I don't know why I didn't take one for his kindergarten first day, but I didn't. It might have to do with the fact that at the time he was 6, Meg was 4, Matt was 2, and I was tired. I will take pictures of kids going to college, but these other pictures are very precious to me. Matt, seen below, is now 17 and a senior at Palmer High School. This year will be the seventh year I have had at least one child there. I am ready to graduate.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home