Twisted Stitcher

Friday, November 03, 2006

A First for Me

It's a first for me. It's a sweater I knit for myself. The sweater was knit using Barbara Walker's "Knitting From the Top Down" book, basic raglan pullover. I love it. I finished it last Sunday but have not gotten a chance to wear it because..... get this..... it's been too warm! All that snow and now it's too warm to wear the new sweater. How unfair is that?I used 8 different shades of trekking sock yarn, holding two strands together throughout, and size 7 needles. The color combination was from a previously posted pattern. I think the next one may have a more subtle blending. Yes, there will be another, probably in browns and greens and blues.
Now I have to get cracking on the bootcamp sweater. Mike is 23% done with camp, I am 50% done with the swatch. I know it looks like a whole swatch, but the gauge is off. I am optimistically believing I'll only have to change needle sizes once to get the right gauge. It's a neat little texture, I like it a lot. The designer calls it a fake rib pattern.
I've also done some plying of the brown Teasdale, it's also looking pretty good. There is still some roving to spin and then finish plying. I have started the first of 13 helmet liners and that is going OK. I'm not perfectly happy with the needles I'm using. The circumference of the circular needle is only a tiny bit long, but the length of the tip is too long. I am constantly shifting stitches and that's kind of annoying. I have made very little progress on sewing Meg's present. I had to throw that info in, just in case she's reading. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • lovin the Trekking sweater :)
    I have no doubt you will finish your next sweater on time!

    By Blogger MJ, at 5:52 AM  

  • Wow great sweater!! How many balls did it use? I love holding two strands together of "patterned" yarn, its so unpredictable its fun.

    By Blogger Maus, at 7:01 AM  

  • Maus,

    I used 8 balls to get the colors like that, but there are leftovers enough to make socks if I don't need them to match, or wrist warrmers, or something.

    By Blogger Linda, at 9:45 AM  

  • The sweater came out gorgeous!!!! I predict lots of cozy days spent wearing this one.....

    By Blogger Ellen, at 4:53 PM  

  • The sweater looks wonderful, Linda. The cold weather is coming...don't rush it! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home