Twisted Stitcher

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Whoa, two in a week!

I know, hard to believe. Two posts in a week. Very unusual. There really hasn't been a lot of progress on the sweater. Maybe two or three rows, so no picture of that. There was knittting, and a completed project!I ran across this pattern on a message board. It's from dixiehellcat and it is her obscenely simple knitted house sox pattern. I printed the pattern, just so I wouldn't lose it, and then it sat on my desk and mocked me for several days. It taunted me to knit up a quick pair since the yarn was in my stash. Yeah, I will admit it, I have some Lion Brand stuff in the stash. It's good for some things, like these socks!

It whispered things like "I'm a quick pattern, the sweater won't mind being put on hold. And besides, your feet are a little chilly." So who am I to resist a pattern that wants to be knit? I cast on the first sock last night at around 9 pm. I finished it in just about 4 hours. Yes, I was up until 1 am. That's not unusual, but it was pretty cool to have a sock done that fast. I even remembered how to kitchner the toe without dragging out a book. I cast on the second one shortly before 2 this afternoon and finished it a little before I took this picture at 7:30. This is a picture of my desk at work. Very vanilla.

I knit it the second sock at work between calls, so 5 1/2 hours, minus a 1 hour lunch that I spent running around doing errands, is not too shabby. They fit OK, and even though they have too much acrylic in the fiber, they are still going to be neat little house socks. Actually, they would make great hiking or snow shovelling socks in a bulky wool.

Hmmm, as I typed that last sentence I remembered a nice vareigated red Lamb's Pride super bulky hank of yarn in my stash. The temptation to drag it out of the bin and whack off another pair of these is overwhelming. But I promised the sweater that I would finish the sleeves up until the increases stop. And since I want the sweater happy, I'd better get moving.

1 Comments:

  • WOW! You are a sock queen!! I know how it is when a pattern calls to you like that! They speak (yell) to me too - mobius! I finished it last night!

    By Blogger MJ, at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home